April 13, 2023
Valley Metro is extending and streamlining routes as well as adjusting schedules to better serve the needs of its customers. Riders should check their route ahead of the bi-annual service change going into effect on Monday, April 24.
- Route 28—Lower Buckeye Rd: Extend route from 75th Ave. to 99th Ave.
- Route 61—Southern Ave: Extend route to 51st Ave.
- Avondale ZOOM: Extend route to Avondale Park-and-Ride. Park-and-Ride expected to open summer 2023.
- Route 571—Surprise Express: Modify route to travel on I-10/Loop 101 for all trips.
- Route 573—West Glendale Express: Eliminate north section of route overlapping with Route 575. Begin and end route at Glendale Park-and-Ride.
- Tempe Orbit Earth: Flag stop zone added on College Ave between McKellips Rd. and Continental Dr.
Several local, express and neighborhood circulator routes have schedule adjustments. These changes will provide more accurate times for riders by reflecting new travel patterns in the Valley.
For a full list of all April service changes visit valleymetro.org/maps-schedules/april-2023-service-changes.
Riders are encouraged to use the Valley Metro app or website to help with trip planning.